eBook Review : The Girl from the Opera House by Nancy Carson

Tuesday 14 July 2015





Title: The Girl from the Opera House

Author: Nancy Carson

Publisher: Maze

Source: Purchased

Purchase: Amazon  (Free) 

A Page of Fictional Love Rating: 








THE BLURB: 


DISCOVER A BRILLIANT NEW SAGA WRITER.

CHARMING, AUTHENTIC TALES OF LOVES AND LIVES IN THE BLACK COUNTRY…

Will Millie get what her heart desires?

1920s Dudley. Millie is the proud owner of a daring Egyptian bob haircut and a job at the new opera house.

So when Millie meets Augustus Johnson, a rich patron of the opera house, she dares to hope for more than a just a passing smile.

Will dreams come true for Millie? Or will the past forever shape her future?

DAWN'S THOUGHTS: 

I adore the cover of this eBook, and it particularly caught my eye as it's set in the 1920s in the Midlands. I remember reading the blurb to my Mum and she thought it sounded interesting. Only 31 pages long, I had to have it! 

I devoured the book in a single sitting which isn't hard to do, but it was so charming, and vintagely (I know - I made that word up) romantic. It was like reading a black and white movie script as the hint of romance and 'courting' was simply sweet.

After I finished reading it, I read it out aloud to my Mum, and she smiled, laughed and her overall opinion was; 

"Awww Your Nan would have loved that! Has she written anymore books?" 

Well, yes Nancy Carson has, and I have them lined up on my kindle, and even went giddy when I saw one on the actual shelves in a local Tesco's. This really is worth a read, it will make you smile and it will warm your heart. And if you love the 1920s era like me, it will make your day. 

Today is also Black Country Day where celebrations of all things Black Country (Even the dialect :-/) is being celebrated. So, why not take part, wherever you are and grab this FREE eBook, and fall in love with pure 1920s romance. 


Post a Comment