Why Italy Stole My Heart in 2 Books

Wednesday 17 May 2017


Hello Lovely, 

Thank you for stopping by, it's been a long time hasn't it? But as you can see, I've had a bit of a renovation here, we've had paint charts, material swatches, and in the end we came up with this... a gorgeous Cath Kitson inspired cosy nook in blues and reds, florals and a gorgeous bunting to boot! I do hope you love it as much as I do. 

I'm glad that you stopped by today actually, because I wanted to tell you about two absolutely gorgeous books I've read during the renovation - you just have to down tools and relax sometimes don't you think? 

Well, these books are by one of my favourite authors, you've perhaps heard of her; Tilly Tennant ... yes, she has two gorgeous new books out and they scrumptiously follow on from each other. I love it when you discover a series of books and fall in love with them don't you? These books are set in my ultimate dream country; Italy, Rome in fact. You might remember me saying that I can't wait to travel to Rome with my handsome other half, well I had a bit of a sneaky trip reading these books. 

Shall I tell you more? Good, I was hoping you'd say that. Grab a cuppa, and snuggle down in my cosy nook  for the love of books... 



Rome Is Where The Heart Is by Tilly Tennant, is published by Bookouture. I had the pleasure of reading an advanced review copy in ebook format (thank you Bookouture). 

You can purchase from Amazon here 



The blurb is delightfully exciting, here read it yourself and see what you think; 

"Can a holiday romance ever have a happy ending? Escape with Kate to the sun-drenched city of Rome where a love affair is just about to begin…

When Kate’s husband Matt dumps her on Friday 13th she decides enough is enough – it’s time for her to have some fun and so she hops on a plane to Rome. A week of grappa and gelato in pavement cafes under azure blue skies will be just what the doctor ordered.

What she doesn’t count on is meeting and falling for sexy policeman Alessandro. But the course of true love doesn’t run smoothly – Alessandro has five meddling sisters, a fearsome mama and a beautiful ex Orazia. They’re all certain that Kate is not the girl for him.

Can Kate and Alessandro’s love last the distance? Or will she return home with the one souvenir she doesn’t want – a broken heart …"



I don't know about you but I am a complete magpie to any book that even slightly mentions Italy, so when I saw this beautiful book cover with the title "Rome is Where The Heart Is" I fell instantly in love. I recall gazing at the ebook cover for quite some time as I didn't want to turn the page to begin reading as it would mean I would no longer see the cover. 

However, intrigue soon got the best of me and I couldn't wait to begin this story. I was swept into the storyline like a sweet breeze, however the setting at first was anything but when the domestic situation Kate found herself in with her husband, Matt left much to be desired for. Matt was a complete and utter idiot for doing what he did, but I think, Kate was better off in the end. 

Doing what she should have done all along, Kate followed her heart (and mine) and boarded a plane to Rome...if only she'd told me she was going  :)  

The description of Rome had you feeling torn between downing the pages to book a flight yourself, and eagerly gripping the book in order to not miss one single detail out. Tilly created such highly detailed descriptions that you almost kid yourself into thinking that you were there yourself! Each chapter came with more exquisite imagery, and the plot literally thickened especially when that sexy Italian policeman in his uniform showed up...between just you and I, I was categorically drooling myself for Alessandro. 

The romance that blossomed between those pair in my opinion could give Romeo and Juliet a run for their money, but set in such a romantic place, romance had to blossom didn't it? But, as in all truly beautiful love stories - they do not always run smoothly...

I am giving this book 5/5 because I simply loved it!  

I devoured each page like a delicious bowl of pasta (I love my carbs), and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next book to see exactly what happened with Kate and Alessandro. Luckily for me, I didn't have to wait that long before ... 



A Wedding in Italy by Tilly Tennant, again published by Bookouture. I had the privilege of reading an Advanced Review Copy in eBook format. (Thank you again, Bookouture). 

You can purchase from Amazon here

Fancy reading what this one's all about? Let's read the blurb... 

Sun, spaghetti and sparkling prosecco. When it comes to finding love, there’s no place like Rome… 

Kate is living the dream with her gorgeous boyfriend Alessandro in his native city, but the reality is sometimes a little less romantic than she’d hoped. Every day in her new home is a fight against leaking pipes, her cantankerous landlord and her less-than-perfect grasp of the Italian lingo. 

All around her there is talk of weddings, but when a secret from her past is thrust out into the open, Kate must fight to prove to Alessandro’s Mamma – and the rest of his formidable family – that she truly is Italian marriage material. 

With the women in Alessandro’s life on a mission to break them apart, the cracks begin to show and Kate starts to question if Alessandro really is the man of her dreams. Can love and the city of romance conquer all, or is that just a fairy-tale?


Well, this one had me excited from the very beginning as it mentions a wedding. I knew of a wedding to take place but the plot wasn't exactly what I thought. Alessandro's sister was getting married to her true love, and then there was a 'black sheep of the family' that showed up - *whispers* "he was divorced!", and then there was the American who called Kate and mentioned Vegas. I can't say anymore. 

What I can mention is that I really sympathised with Kate as she tried so hard to make a new life for herself in Rome. She searched for a new job, she worked hard, she ignored those who doubted her, she had troublesome meddling women in her life who in my opinion just needed to mind their own business! And then she had the sexy Italian policeman in and out of his uniform.. I'm not jealous. Honest. 

Italian tradition means that getting married to a non catholic, non italian divorced woman is a HUGE no no! So Kate has to prove to Alessandro's mum that she is marriage material. 

I adored this book with all my heart, both books in fact. However, I am going to be a bit picky here - I just wish the final chapter was stretched out and made into a third book because I really think it could have been. BUT I am hopeful still that we see another installment in this series because I loved the characters, I loved the setting, I loved the twists and turns in the plot, I love the important issues raised in the book, and I just miss them to be honest. I've had book-hangover since finishing this. 

I am giving this gorgeous book 4/5 just because I wanted it to be stretched a bit further. 

If Italy is a place your heart travels to, and you love romance, then this series of books is a MUST this year. 

Have you read these books? Let me know below, leave me a little message because I've got to pop out now, but I'll read them when I get back. 

I've loved having you around, please come back soon, and we can chat more about books in my cosy nook for the love of books,

Love Dawn-Tracy xxx 

Post a Comment