Review: Evil Games by Angela Marsons

Wednesday 13 May 2015


 The greater the evil, the more deadly the game ...
When a rapist is found mutilated in a brutal attack, Detective Kim Stone and her team are called in to bring a swift resolution. But, as more vengeful killings come to light, it soon becomes clear that there is someone far more sinister at work.
With the investigation quickly gathering momentum, Kim soon finds herself exposed to great danger and in the sights of a lethal individual undertaking their own twisted experiment.
Up against a sociopath who seems to know her every weakness, for Detective Stone, each move she makes could be deadly. As the body count starts to mount, Kim will have to dig deeper than ever before to stop the killing. And this time - it’s personal.
Fans of Rachel Abbott, Val McDermid and Mark Billingham will be gripped by this exceptional new voice in British crime fiction.

DAWN'S THOUGHTS 

'A nauseating detailed and compelling follow up to "Silent Scream" - Fans of intense crime will NOT be disappointed. 
Angela Marsons brings Crime, the Black Country and fiction to an all new and darker level of sinister and sickening acts and lands it on our bookshelves'. ~ Dawn Brierley, A Page of Fictional Love
I'm not really a crime novel fan, but I'm willing to read new genres. Something about this book just didn't sit right with me, and having had time away from reading it, and paying no attention to the reviews pouring in, I managed to chat with my Mum about it. 

From this discussion I've cemented my feelings about the book and have to say that for reasons I'm not going into, I won't be fully reviewing the book like I did before out of respect, but what I will say is that yes it's good. I can see why crime fiction fans will love it. 

I found this time around, the only part of the plot that wasn't clear (for me)  right up until the end was who had been in the room (you will understand if you read the book). I felt very much as if I were on a rollercoaster as the scenes and crimes and the background scenes changed too much for me. 

However this is my personal preference, and perhaps shows that I should stick to chick lit and leave the sociopathic characters in fiction to those who have enough stomach for them. 


Post a Comment