Books | Destination Thailand

Monday 4 July 2016

Hello Lovely!

How are you doing? I know it's been a long time since I last stopped by with some book talk but today, I'm really hoping that once you read my latest review you'll forgive me.
I've just finished reading a book by Katy Colins that was AHHHMAZING!!! It really was! So much so that even though I have book 2 on my kindle ready and waiting, I just HAD to HAVE a paperback copy. So that's what I did. I went out and bought the follow up book! It's rare that I do that, but this is one of those rare gems of a novel that I really loved and it really spoke to my tastes in fiction. So let's tell you all about it! 





Title | Destination Thailand  Author | Katy Colins

Publisher | Carina UK 

Source | Review Copy 


Purchase | Amazon 

Rating | 5/5 



What if you had a second chance… to find yourself?
Instead of slipping on her something borrowed and tripping up the aisle to wedded bliss, Georgia spends her big day crying into a warm Sex-on-the-Beach, wondering where it all went wrong.
Forced to make a bucket list of her new life goals by her best friend Marie, it’s not long before travel-virgin Georgia is packing her bags for a long-haul adventure to Thailand.
Yet, Georgia’s big adventure doesn’t seem to be going to plan. There's strange sights, smells, and eating bugs. Plus she seems to fall for every traveller scam there is. Maybe her family is right and she really is too naive to do this alone.
But the good thing about falling apart is that you can put yourself back together any way you please. And new Georgia might just be someone she can finally be proud of…
The new favourite series for fans of The Curvy Girls Club, the Shopaholic series and Eat, Pray, Love.

This year it is time to find the place where you truly belong…



I hardly know where to start with this one because it was outstandingly brilliant from cover to cover. I love a storyline where the key character goes on a journey of discovery, either in travel terms, or within themselves, and this book I got both. I think a book becomes a part of you when you can relate and empathise with the characters. You can imagine the anguish they face, the pain they feel, the desire for change so passionately it almost consumes them, and you can definitely enjoy the journey with them - especially when it involves travelling to locations such as Thailand. I admit that before reading this book, I wasn't that fussed about whether or not I ever see Thailand with my own eyes, but now, I'm certainly open to the experience at some point in the future. For me, travelling is less about finding myself but more about sharing the journey and experience with people I love and care about. So we will see. 

Now, let me give you a little insight into exactly what Destination Thailand is all about. Georgia is a lovely character, one that I could easily be friends with, and one that I could empathise with. Her entire world gets turned upside down when the man she thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with announces he's actually been seeing another woman and what do you know... she's pregnant. So heartbroken Georgia is lost, hurt, upset, angry and feeling all kinds of pain. THAT I can understand. Every woman has been hurt by the one (or sometimes more than one) man who actually didn't deserve her anyway, and whilst we know that in time we DO accept that and praise that because now we have the most amazing man in our lives and couldn't imagine life without them - Georgia has to find that out for herself. In Thailand. 

Her trip isn't exactly smooth seas...I actually wonder just how many adventures/journeys we take actually are smooth sailing? But, every step that Georgia takes is hilarious. I love a good book that makes me smile, giggle and laugh - AND want more. The situations Georgia found herself in were comical, and jaw droppingly funny. For instance from getting a nipple piercing following a rather alcoholic night, to almost drowning because she couldn't use her snorkel properly (probably more terrifying than funny!), and then there was the time that ... No I'm not going to spoil it for you. 

Katy Colins has created such a beautiful, inspiring and lovable character in Georgia and I'm tremendously excited that Georgia returns in Destination India, and Destination Chile. I for one can't wait to travel along with Georgia to India and then Chile. I just wish & hope that Georgia might travel a little more ... 








Post a Comment