Books | Willow Cottage - Sunshine & Secrets Book 1

Thursday 7 July 2016


Hello Lovely!

How are you today? 


Today I've had a bit of a busy day. First I had work and then I came home, gave the house a tidy and hoover and finally got on with devouring the book I am reviewing for you today. It's part 1 of a series by Bella Osbourne who brought us It Started with Sunset Cottage last year, and I can tell you now, it is truly beautiful! 



Title | Willow Cottage 1 - Sunshine and Secrets  
Author | Bella Osbourne 

Publisher | HarperCollins UK, Avon 

Source | Review Copy & Purchased

Purchase | Amazon UK 

Rating | 5/5 



Beth is running away. With her young son Leo to protect, Willow Cottage is the lifeline she so desperately needs. Overlooking the village green in a beautiful Cotswolds idyll, Beth sees a safe place for little Leo.
When she finally uncovers the cottage from underneath the boughs of a weeping willow tree, Beth realises this is far more of a project than she bargained for and the locals are more than a little eccentric! A chance encounter with gruff Jack, who appears to be the only male in the village under thirty, leaves the two of them at odds but it’s not long before Beth realises that Jack has hidden talents that could help her repair more than just Willow Cottage.
Over the course of four seasons, Beth realises that broken hearts can be mended, and sometimes love can be right under your nose…



Firstly, just how gorgeous is the cover?? I mean really, it couldn't get any more beautiful and inviting could it? The cover, for me, as I've mentioned many times before is what initially draws me to a book, and this one caught my eye instantly. Then I noted the author; Bella Osbourne and I just KNEW it was a "must read".

I devoured this book in less than 24 hours which lately is a huge achievement for me, and that for me testifies just how compelling the story line is.

Beth 'accidently' bids on the cottage at the auction house and quickly stands by her decision and is soon looking forward to moving in. But like all stories of true love, it never does run smoothly. Firstly, she and her son Leo can't find the cottage, then she meets a 'crazy old lady' Shirley, who I have to say made me giggle so much I nearly lost the contents of my cup of tea at one point! Beth soon meets Jack who I also found quite endearing - I do hope something sparkles there - I'm a hopeless romantic.

My laugh out loud moment came when Jack helped Beth discover if the cottage was 'watertight' - I shall leave you to enjoy that moment yourself.

Oh the entire book was just utterly scrumptious, and on World Chocolate Day, it was exactly what I needed! I must warn you though, make sure you have snacks handy because my mouth drooled at the mere mention of scones, bacon butties, and jacket potatoes! (perhaps I'm eating far too much salad like Beth!). I can barely wait for the second installment in October ( Willow Cottage 2 - Christmas Cheer) when we hit Christmas season, as I just know that at Willow Cottage, something beautiful, heart warming and deliciously romantically fun is bound to happen.

Well done Bella on writing another truly beautiful story, you've made my day, and this HAS to be one of my Top Reads for 2016 (and I've not read the following installments yet!) Willow Cottage has made me want to buy my very own cottage, renovate, embrace village life and have a bright pink front door! Although, I would need to find a symmetrical cottage (needle + haystack anyone??), and it would need to be bright, airy,..... wait... you're not interested in MY estate agent needs... quick go... shoo... buy this book today, and catch the Willow Cottage love-bug!

Easily awarding Willow Cottage (1) Sunshine & Secrets 5 out of 5 stars!




Post a Comment