Review | Radical Self Love

Saturday 20 February 2016


Title | Radical Self Love 

Author | Gala Darling

Publisher | Hay House UK 

Publication Date | 9th February 2016

Purchase | Amazon UK 

Source | Review Copy 

Rating | 5/5 


Have you ever dreamed of a life full of laughter, love, and sequins … but felt totally clueless about how to make it happen? You're not alone. Best-selling author and speaker Gala Darling spent years in soul-sucking jobs, battling depression, an eating disorder, and a preference for chaos and disaster—simply because she didn't know how to create the life she dreamed about.

In Radical Self-Love, you'll discover exactly what makes you so magnificent, and you'll gain a litany of tools and techniques to help you manifest a life bursting with magic, miracles, bliss, and adventure! Featuring fun homework exercises and cool illustrations, this book will take you from learning to fall madly in love with yourself, to loving others, to making your world a more magical place through style, self-expression, and manifestation.

When you love yourself, life is limitless. You can do anything you want. It's time to throw off the shackles of expectation and judgment, and start living from your heart. It's time to astound yourself with how beautiful your life can be. It's time to treat every single day like a celebration!

“I believe that radical self-love can go hand in hand with a ruby-red lip. . . . that learning how to love yourself can be a party: streamers, disco balls, helium balloons, and all!”
xo, Gala

I was drawn to this book when Gala published it before, so when I saw that it was being published by Hay House, I *knew* that the Universe was sending me a love letter telling me to 'sit up and take notice' or rather 'read the book!'  So, I was thrilled when Hay House sent me a copy to review.

I was right to be thrilled - in fact I was so right to be thrilled i'd say it was destiny that I met with this book. If there is one area in my life where I have repeated Traffic Collisions it's in the self love department. You see I have always had issues relating to my confidence and self esteem - anyone whom I went to school with would agree. They'd say I was quiet, shy, and always seemed to be the one that 'got picked on'.

I've never really been one to toot my own horn or overly share how fabulous I am, because I don't see myself that way. I am the classic woman that has poor self esteem, zero love for herself, and constantly and consistently sees her flaws... ALL of them!

So, I began reading this book thinking it was going to the same old boring "you should love yourself" stuff and that i'd end up feeling awful about having to write a review on a book I thought was lame (Sorry Gala!) HOWEVER!!!!! This is NOT the usual self help self love stuff.

I finished this book in 2 sittings. Yes, in two single sittings I read this book cover to cover and I was instantly in love! I declare this book my new super bible of self love. Reading Gala's words felt like having that sit down convo with the big sister I never had, I didn't feel judged, or criticised. I felt loved, cared for, worthy of attention, and I felt for the first time in a long time, HOPE. 


I actually struggled to find anything wrong with this book - I can't find one, only that we NEED more of your wise wisdom Gala!! We need a sequel and the third installment, followed by a fourth, fifth.... hey, can you promise me something if I promise to try and love myself more??? Promise me you'll never stop writing and sharing your words of wisdom? Because your voice is needed, young women, teenage girls, women in their twirties (Twenty-to-Thirties) need this guidance.

This book now lives the side of my bed because just looking at the cover when I get out of bed reminds me to try and be more loving towards myself, and I can easily dip in and out of it for that extra top up of Radical Self Love.

Would I buy this book myself??? Hell Yes!!

Would I recommend this book??? YES to EVERYONE I know!!

Would I read this book again??? Check! Already doing that!!

Easily award this book 5/5


Post a Comment