Sleigh Bells in the Snow | Sarah Morgan

Friday 13 November 2015


Title | Sleigh Bells in the Snow 

Author | Sarah Morgan

Publisher | Mills and Boon

Publication Date | 4th October 2013 

Source | Purchased 

Purchase | Amazon 

A Page of Fictional Love Rating | 5/5 



Kayla Green’s Christmas Survival Strategy! Once upon a time, Christmas was Kayla Green’s favourite time of the year. Then family heartbreak shattered that fairytale. Now all marketing expert Kayla wants for Christmas is for it to be over - as fast as possible! So spending the holidays working to put a family resort called Snow Crystal on the map, is a dream come true. Jackson O’Neil left a thriving business behind to return home and salvage Snow Crystal – it’s in his blood, and he’ll never turn his back on it. Now he’s got Kayla Green working with him, success is on the horizon. The fact they strike enough sparks off each other to power all the Christmas lights in the town is just an added bonus! Kayla might be an expert at her job, but she’s out of her depth with Jackson – he makes her crave the happy-ever-after she once dreamt of, and it’s terrifying. As the snowflakes continue to fall, will the woman who doesn’t believe in the magic of Christmas finally fall under its spell..?



I can't quite believe that it took me so long to read this book. I picked the book up whilst I was in a reading slump - I had no book reading or indeed blogging mojo but I desperately wanted to enjoy reading again. I gazed at my book shelves and this one stood out to me so I grabbed it and began reading. Days past by and suddenly I was turning the last page with such vigour that I wanted to pick up another book by Sarah and begin reading.  That's the magic of Sarah Morgan's writing. She has this magical ability to transform your mindset and improve your mood in a short space of time. 

I was drawn in by the opening of this story as Kayla Green was dreading Christmas, and everything the whole season stood for. She was more than happy to lock herself away in her office and work through Christmas - even Christmas day itself. I could empathise with Kayla, I was feeling the lack of festive cheer myself. Anyway, Kayla gets the news from her boss during a meeting with a client that she is to travel to Snow Crystal Resort and work on how they can put it on the map and turn things around. Pardon the pun but Kayla feels like all her christmases have come at once and jumps at the chance of being in a secluded location working throughout the holidays. 

What Kayla didn't have in mind was the fact that her client - Jackson O'Neil - has the most lovely family who adore christmas, and most of them warm to Kayla and offer to put their arms around her, include her in the family meals around the kitchen table - something that Kayla finds makes her stomach churn. She also hadn't banked on falling for her client - or having her client fall for her. 

I could go into so much detail about all the highs of this story, but I would be filling this review with spoilers and I don't do spoilers. Sleigh Bells in the Snow is NOW one of my very FAVOURITE christmas novels and my friends are fed up of hearing me bang on about Jackson O'Neil - luckily for them I have 2 other O'Neils to bang on to them about once I've read their stories in the remainder of the trilogy. 

The trilogy consists of;
Book 1 - Sleigh Bells in the Snow
Book 2 - Suddenly Last Summer
Book 3 - Maybe This Christmas 

I am, due to the time of year going to skip to book 3 and read more about Snow Crystal and Jackson's brother Tyler. We briefly met in Sleigh Bells in the Snow, and I can't wait to discover more about him and his daughter Jess and the chemistry that was tingling the air with Brenna. 

Oh, and added to my bucket list from reading this book? A holiday in a log cabin, in the woods, with a hunky man and good book for company ;-) 

Easily a 5/5 Golden Heart Rating! 


Post a Comment