Chick-Lit News in High Heeled Shoes : August Round-Up

Tuesday 26 August 2014



It's been longer than I ever wanted it to be since my last *Chick-Lit News in High Heeled Shoes*, but alas here I am!

August has been a divine month for my Book Love passions. I've found more time during the summer days (we had a few of those with amazing intense heat) to read some fabulous chick-lit.

The main read of August has been Ali Harris' Written in the Stars. It's such an amazing book that you will be able to read all about in my upcoming review (I'm super close to finishing that book now!).

I have done something rather adventurous ... well for me it is anyway... and that was read a Christmas themed book in August! It actually got me in the mood for Christmas... you can read all about my Christmas Novel here on the blog, just search for Mr Miracle.

I'm currently reading on my e-book reader "How to Get a Love Life" by Rosie Blake. It's a fabulous read so far (I'm on chapter 6) as the lead character is facing a double dare no returns from her co-worker, to go and get a love life and a date by Valentines Day!




September promises to be a full on Chick-Lit party as I have been graciously sent books from Avon Books to read and review. Let's take a look at those;



 
First up we have Amiee Duffy's Trouble in Tinseltown - a fabulous short story perfect for when you have a couple of  hours to yourself and a cup of tea.

 
Another fabulous read, is one by Romy Sommer, and I can't wait to get started on this! How magical does the cover look?!
 
There are a couple more that I will share with you closer to my reading of them. However in other book news I have been on a book splurge and a few happened to fall into my basket (isn't it curious how that always happens?)
 
The One Plus One by Jojo Moyles
What A Girl Wants by Lindsey Kelk
Love Letters by Debbie Macomber
The Teashop on the Corner by Milly Johnson
 
As you can see, there is a whole lot of book-love going on!
 
 
SOCIAL MEDIA NEWS!!!
 
If you are Twitter you can find me at @APageOfLove
 
If you are on Instagram you can find me at dawn_Brierley
 
If you are on facebook, you can find me at www.Facebook.com/APageOfFictionalLove
 

Post a Comment