Review : Never Google Heartbreak : A Companion for Love by Emma Garcia

Tuesday 10 December 2013

 
Have you got lost in a Good Book lately? I have! In fact it happens to me so often that I think I resemble Alice in Wonderland falling down the rabbit hole on a daily basis as I fall into the mesmerizing words of Authors from all around the world of all genres.
 
 
images (40)
 
Never Google Heartbreak by Emma Garcia 
Published by Hodder 
RRP £7.99  Amazon UK £5.59

As a Life Coach I have to say that one of the top areas clients request coaching for is relationships and love. We are a world that is so passionately head over heels in love with love that it is the most researched topic ever! It’s also the most effective way to sell anything – along with the “ways to get rich quick” advice that’s offered to us so freely at times it should carry a public health warning!
When we are in love we Google ’ways to keep the love flowing’, ‘ways to spice up the sex life’, and even ‘ways to get him to propose’! When we are single, we Google ‘ways to find love’,  ’Will I ever meet my soul-mate?’ ‘How to enjoy being single?’ But in all honesty, how many of us ladies actually enjoy being single?

 Then there are the times when we spot a hunk and the Google search heats up; “How to make him mine’, ‘How to look sexy’, ‘what to wear for a first date’, ‘How to bag your man’ etc…
We have all been there and there is certainly NO reason to feel ashamed! I’ve been there. I can claim to be a self confessed Love-A-Holic with the best of you ladies out there. So, in our modern times we not only hit the Google and work it to the max, but we abuse our plastic and search out those Self Help Love Manuals that tell us all the rules for LOVE – or so they claim. But how reliable are they? Should we really put all our hopes of love into one online shopping cart full of self help advice? Maybe – Maybe Not! Are Self help manuals the ONLY way in which we can get advice on Love? Hell no!
 
In my opinion some of the best dating advice, relationship counselling and coaching comes from the world of Fiction Authors! In a safe world of fantasy, we are more often able to admit our failures, our insecurities and work out plans of action to become the strong, powerful and independent women we desire to be!
 
Think about it, many of us have laughed and cried along with Rebecca Bloomwood created by Sophie Kinsella in her best-selling Shopaholic series, we found ourselves identifying with the girl in the green scarf. Maybe in the back of our mind every time we make a purchase we think of Rebecca and it may help us with making rash decisions regarding our finances. Is that not coaching at it’s most excellent?
 
What we should do though is caress our plastic and get a copy of “NEVER GOOGLE HEARTBREAK” by Emma Garcia! Seriously – I enjoyed reading this FICTION novel so much that I will recommend it to ALL my clients who want coaching on relationships and love because it shares the million dollar worthy Love Tip that we all should follow – Don’t go looking for Love – Let Love find You!
 
 THE BLURB
When her fiancé Rob breaks off their engagement for the third time, Viv does what any girl would do – she Googles heartbreak.
Confronted by tales of misery, she decides to set-up her own self-help website for the broken-hearted. But as Viv passes through the three essential stages of grief (denial, vodka, disastrous haircut), she becomes determined that it’s not too late to try and get Rob back.
When things get out of hand after a drunken declaration of love at an extremely inappropriate moment, Viv’s scruffy, tequila-swilling best friend Max is there to pick up the pieces. Viv starts to realise that maybe the real thing has been under her nose all this time, and now – one ex and a massive error of judgement later – she has to face the question:
What’s the craziest thing you’ll do for love?


THE BOOK – MY OPINION
 
What I loved about this book was that Viv was so blunt and honestly raw about her thoughts, feelings, desires and insecurities that it was easy to relax and get to know her as a friend for the length of the journey into her roller-coaster love life. I was gripped from the very first chapter. In fact the 3rd page gripped me because it began with Viv being in the place of love life denial that we have all been in at one point in our lives.
 
Throughout this book, Emma Garcia never faulted once! Each character was believable, relate-able and gripping. You could say it details the journey of a girl who thinks the life with a superficial dim-wit of a wealthy guy who “Looks” good but is rotten to the core – Rob,  is amazing – that is until she grows into a beautiful swan who realises that the guy she should be focusing on is the one that “FEELS” good to be with – Max.
 
Throughout all her turmoil, including worrying about her ill Gran,  she decides to set up a site called ; Never-Google-Heartbreak.com (Yes I did type it in the search engine – It simply had to be done!) which she dedicates to all the ladies out there who have relationship concerns – I won’t spoil it for you when you discover what the site can actually do by reading the book – not googling it!
 
Viv’s story is one that even I can relate to when in the end after all the heart break, confusion and denial, she finally finds the one she loves and who loves her right back!
I read this book whilst I was falling in love with my guy who loves me right back, and even though I had to contend with the love and romance in my own life, not to mention the threat of ear nibbles whilst reading the book, I couldn’t put the book down (much to my Mr Handsome’s avail :-) )
 
If you’re looking for a LAUGH OUT LOUD, Summer Chick Lit for this summer I can HIGHLY recommend NEVER GOOGLE HEARTBREAK – especially if you are a fan of Sophie Kinsella! Seriously I have a new Lady Author Crush and it’s for Emma Garcia!
 
Emma, please write a follow up! I can’t wait to read more from this FABULOUS new Author! She is definitely one to watch – and READ
 
 
I urge you to get yourself a copy. You can Click to BUY HERE 

Post a Comment