Review: Fairytale Beginnings by Holly Martin

Monday 17 August 2015



Title: Fairytale Beginnings
Author: Holly Martin

Publisher: Bookouture

Publication Date: 10th July 2015

ISBN: 978-1910751169

Source: Review Copy

Rating: 5/5

Purchase: Amazon



Love is an open door…except when it keeps slamming in your face.

Hopeless romantic Milly Rose has had her fair share of heartbreak. Obsessed with all things Disney, she refuses to give up on finding her Prince Charming – he’s out there somewhere, isn’t he?

When Milly is given a job to investigate the origins of an historical building in the village of Clovers Rest, she’s not sure what to expect. What she discovers takes her breath away - a beautiful real life Cinderella castle, complete with turrets, a magnificent drawbridge AND a very handsome owner…Cameron Heartstone.

As Milly and Cameron begin to unearth the secrets of Clover Castle, they can’t ignore the intense chemistry building between them. But they’ve both been hurt badly before. Can they take a big leap of faith and find their own happily-ever-after?

A deliciously enchanting read that will delight fans of Rachael Lucas, Lucy Diamond and Miranda Dickinson or anyone who has ever blubbed at a Disney movie. Who says real life can’t be a fairytale?


I really enjoyed this book! It's an adult's version of a Disney romance, and a total page turner! 

I admit it took me a while to fully immerse myself into it, but I don't think that its the books fault, it was mine...and life got in the way a tad, so I won't be judging the review on that. When I found myself unable to put it down even though I was exhausted and bleary eyed I couldn't. I had to know what happened next, how did the Milly-Cameron relationship go on, what secrets did they uncover, what passageways were found. I needed to know. 

The relationship between Milly and Cameron is one of "love at first sight" and whilst like all good romances take their time to get off the ground, Milly and Cameron both had painful pasts that they needed to heal before they could even think about starting anything new...with anyone. 

The castle was described in the most captivating way, and the level of detail Holly gave us is simply outstanding. The will they - won't they get together relationship between Milly and Cameron kept me guessing and mostly hoping and wishing for them, right until the end, especially as they had to endure tests of faith in each other, trusting each other, trusting themselves and their feelings, not to mention a meddlesome PA who simply got on my nerves and showed her true colours...and they weren't pretty either! 

I'd love a sequel to Fairytale Beginnings....because I doubt that the 'ending' really was THE ending for this lovely couple who puts the faith in finding true love and romance back into the hearts of women everywhere who've been left hurt, and heartbroken. Please say there's more Holly? 






Post a Comment