Sign Up For Updates & New Blog Posts Delivered Straight To Your Inbox

Books | Warrior Goddess Training

Hello there Gorgeous!

Do you ever feel that you're fulfilling your potential, that there's something missing in your life and you have this niggling feeling that you could be so much more than what you are? Maybe what you need is to be trained to be a warrior goddess. 




Title | Warrior Goddess Training 

Author | Heatherash Amara 

Publisher | Hay House UK 

Source | Review Copy 

Rating | 4/5 



It's no secret that women today are juggling a lot. We now make up half the workforce in the United Kingdom and are busier than ever with partners, children, family and friends, often putting the needs of others ahead of our own. And if we feel overwhelmed by it all or fall short of perfection, many of us have learned to be our own worst critic rather than our own best friend.
That's where finding our inner warrior goddess comes in.
In Warrior Goddess Training, bestselling author HeatherAsh Amara provides the antidote to the flawed idea that you are not enough. Direct, honest and unapologetic, Amara will show you how to release the layers of expectations to finally see yourself for the authentic, perceptive, perfect woman you really are.
Drawing on wisdom from Buddhism, the Toltec tradition and ancient Earth-based goddess spirituality, the Warrior Goddess path includes personal stories, rituals and exercises that will encourage and inspire you to become the true warrior goddess you are meant to be.


I found it quite therapeutic to read this book, and really like the end of chapter activities. Heatherash doesn't just write and dictate what you should be doing to become more approving and accepting of yourself, she gives you condensed activities and tasks for you to do in order to fully digest the information that you have read. 

We have so many expectations placed upon us today as women to achieve this by this age and be married by this year to this type of guy, and to have x amount of children and still keep the body of the teenager that we never were and have the wardrobe of a movie star, and a full schedule of classes and dinner parties and nights out, and ... WOAH! Can we just be expected to breathe and be ourselves? If only! 

This is why I loved this book, because the author slowly encourages you to become unapologetically you, flaws and all, because that is what makes you beautiful on the whole. She also guides you to start taking care of yourself more and silence that inner critic we all have. You know that voice that tells you you're not skinny enough, or curvy enough, or you're too curvy in the wrong places, and you can't nail that promotion at work because of x, and you're friends are all better than you and on and on it goes. That's the voice that seriously needs to spend more time with it's metaphorical mouth shut! Think of that voice as someone in your life that just keeps going on and on and on and you just wish to high mercy that they would shut the hell up. Hmm, that voice isn't so appealing now is it. And that is exactly the way it should be.

I've learnt a LOT from this book, I'm taking more time for me, focusing on my hopes, my dreams and aspirations, my passions, all the little quirky bits that make me who I am. I spend less time talking about things that drag me down, I don't talk to people who don't have my best interests at heart - you really need to stop being a doormat at some point in your life, why not make that today!, and I feel so much happier, and fresher, younger even by just expecting myself to be me, expecting myself to be happy, and be all those great qualities we strive for, but without the striving.
This little book could easily be the book version of a spa break! 


If you don't mind reading the book with aspects of Buddhism, the Toltec tradition and Earth Based Spirituality - it's not *that* intense at all, then this book might just be perfect for you. I'd say it's worth giving it a try if you identify with anything that I've said, and it also has an accompanying workbook that you can purchase, I've pop the details below for you.











            

No comments